Oct 1, 2009

KEEPING AN EYE OUT

I know health care reform is one of those dead issues that no one cares about anymore. Especially for those who have insurance. That’s cool. It’s just that the $69 I’m getting from Unemployment won’t cover a viable insurance plan.

Imagine my delight when I woke up this morning with a swollen eye. I self medicated with some Target brand eye drops and an ice cube.

Well, now I look like Forest Whitaker! The thing’s nearly swollen shut. It is NOT SEXY.

I don’t know what, exactly Obama’s 1,000-page health care plan includes, but it’s gotta be better than the coverage I’m currently not getting. If having an eyeball in jeopardy isn’t bad enough, I can’t imagine what would happen with a more serious problem.

IS A FEAR OF CHANGE CAUSING US TO LOSE SIGHT OF HUMAN RIGHTS?

In researching my cat’s respiratory illness, I learned that penicillin for fish can be purchased over-the-counter at the pet store. Fish! FISH get better health care than me! Well, I for one, won’t stand for it! I’m going to march into that PetCo, demand Fishicillin, and swim out of there in a bubble of dignity.

IF YOU SEE A ONE EYED CHICK WITH GILLS, PLEASE DON’T LAUGH AT ME. IT HURTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment